How to stand out on Socials this Silly Season
The end of year period is a time that consumers are flooded with marketing messages SO we put together a few ways you can make your business stand out this Silly Season!
1. Use the right hashtags on your blogs and Instagram – popular hashtags include #wishlist #Christmas #christmasshopping etc. You can find relevant hashtags for your industry using apps like Focalmark just don’t forget to include local hashtags as well.
2. Decorate! If you had a store front you might put up a Christmas tree so why not decorate your social media! Put a Christmas hat on your logo, you can do this easily in free programs like Canva. Change your cover photo to be relevant to this season – you could include shutdown dates or share a photo of your team from the Christmas party.
3. Gift hamper or Christmas competition – can you use your product/service and offer a Christmas Hamper to sell or give away in a Christmas competition. You could use an app like Contest App or lead pages and collect consumer email addresses to touch base with them later in the year…
4. Be in the here and now by using the Stories feature on Instagram and Facebook. Story content lasts 24 hours and is popular because it is generally what is happening NOW and not content that was created a month ago
5. Use relevant content! If you were a retailer selling beverages our content could be a poll and ask What’s your favourite #Christmas drink? Get those creative juices flowing! How can you integrate your products/services with the season?
6. Update your Google My Business Listing to reflect your seasonal trading hours!
If you need some help with any of these steps get in touch with us now. We have local Digital Specialists all over Australia who work with local businesses to better their online presence. The locations we service include Townsville, Cairns, Mackay, Rockhampton, Toowoomba, Gold Coast, Brisbane, Coffs Harbour, Port Macquarie, Albury, Shepparton, Bendigo, Bunbury, Hobart, Launceston, Gosford, Newcastle and Orange.